July/August 2018 Bi-Monthly Author & Writing Goals Recap
Bi-Monthly Author & Writer Goals!
Hey, you! It’s Evie!
Today, I’ll be diving into my previous goals for the months of July & August 2018. Admittedly, I didn’t do too well. I’m alright with admitting my failures. It’s real. I’m not perfect, nor am I a machine working an assembly line of impressive goals. I’m human, so I tend to have months like the last two. Luckily, I always have two shiny, brand new months to attack my goals again!
As always, I have low success standards. I consider my win rate at 60%. Other authors set it at 75%, but I’m a scrub. So, at 60% it stays until I get my life right.
JULY/AUGUST AUTHORLY GOALS
[57% completed (FAIL)]
Finish first GR revision
Finalize publishing schedule & possibly publish date
Finish #SPBEbook beta reading
Finish cut prologue to edit/publish in my newsletter for fall release
Post 2 videos weekly on Tuesday/Friday
- Make writing at home work better
Figure out a writing schedule
- WIN Camp NaNo (July)
- Collab w/ 1 authortuber
- Put writing playlists for Gravity Rising, characters, moods, etc.
- Rework my author bio
Rework my book page on website Read 4 books on my TBR
- Reorganize book shelves
Reasons I failed these goals:
- #1: I realized halfway thru July I needed to readjust my Camp NaNoWriMo goals to focus on finishing my first draft.
- #3: I’m a horrible human being. I’m so sorry, Jenna. Please keep me!
- #5: I got a bit lazy and then busy. Sorry, friends.
- #7: I don’t handle set-in-stone schedules very well, it seems. Also, I’m not a daily writer, so I write when my head holds me hostage and I’m not at work or driving.
- #12: I forgot about this.
- #13: I only “read” an audiobook. It may not count for you, but it totally counts for me!
I don’t want to let this blog entry end on a bad note, so I want to focus on a few monthly WINS:
- I FINISHED MY FIRST DRAFT!
- I CO-HOSTED A WRITING RETREAT!
- I made some GREAT friendships!
- I met Jessi! Now all I need to do is meet Jenna! (One day…)
TASTE THE WASTES.
Monthly, I send out email transmissions detailing
exclusive sneak peeks, excerpts, information, & MORE!